BLFS TODO package tracking.

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 14 09:28:34 PDT 2006

Manuel,
   Adding a version to the tracking name might not be that difficult. If
you had previously installed a different version what action(s) would
you expect.

   If the action is 'always install' newer packages how do we handle
upgrading packages where the 'new package' is a dependency of a
previously installed package. Also there is the problem of existing
configuration files.

   Maybe the tracking file should be more than just the package name. A
file (package-x.y.z) containing the dependencies installed for that
package?  If we go much further than this it will look like a
package-manager.

   George