Optimisation in jhalfs-1.0 doing LFS-6.2

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 12 08:48:12 PDT 2006

El Sábado, 12 de Agosto de 2006 17:32, Stef Bon escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I've just build a new LFS system, version 6.2.
>
> Great great great work! Went very smoothly!

Many thanks :-)

> adjusting the 102-man-db for this package by inserting
>
> unset CFLAGS
> unset CXXFLAGS
> etc
>
> was enough.

Another way is to edit the 102-man-db Makefile target to remove the offending
"@echo export ...." lines.

> (I did not want to go back to the fase when the whole makefile
> and other files are created: then I had to build the whole system over
> again probably).

If the testige files are keeped (the empty ones with the same name than the
targets) the Makefile and scripts could be regenarated without problem. The
build should continue from the last not finished target.

> I know that with optimisation problems may occur, and not
> considered as an error, but I'm reporting it anyway.

Thanks. That could help other people with similar problems.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia