Optimisation in jhalfs-1.0 doing LFS-6.2

Stef Bon stef at bononline.tk
Sat Aug 12 08:32:41 PDT 2006

Hello,

I've just build a new LFS system, version 6.2.

Great great great work! Went very smoothly!

One thing only I've found:

the package db-man-2.4.3 can not handle the optimisation I've used the
standard flags:

CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe"
etc..

adjusting the 102-man-db for this package by inserting

unset CFLAGS
unset CXXFLAGS
etc

was enough. (I did not want to go back to the fase when the whole makefile
and other files are created: then I had to build the whole system over
again probably). I know that with optimisation problems may occur, and not
considered as an error, but I'm reporting it anyway.

Futher the function

make restart

which I had to use works very well, only I had to unmount the virtual
filesystems by hand. But this has been reported already.

Stef

PS I'm working on the packagemanager trip (there is a hint about it. Very
good ! A better sollution than paco or any other LD_PRELOAD sollution)