jhalfs-x changes to Makefile

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 11 11:14:42 PDT 2006

El Viernes, 11 de Agosto de 2006 16:06, George Boudreau escribió:

> > OK. Then doing the merge now.

The merge has been done but the commit log is waiting moderator approval due
its size.

>    Requesting an opinion: If the menuconfig system is as useful as it
> seems do we even need the config files (excluding ./common/config) ?

Maybe we could drop both, config files and command line switches. That will be
nice for maintenance and to reduce code size ;-)

But that depends on the users and what configuration method thay are more
confortable with.

>     1. manually create/modify a makefile to run as the book would (LFS
> makefile would be the best starting point)

If possible, not

>     2. create the 'makefile' automatically with jhalfs

Actually several makefiles, IMHO.

A master Makefile that will invoke slaves Makefile.root, Makefile.luser,
Makefile.chroot, Makefile.boot, ... with the proper parameters could be a
feasible solution.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia