jhalfs-x changes to Makefile

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 11 07:06:32 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Viernes, 11 de Agosto de 2006 15:33, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>    I think you should merge menuconfig into trunk now. It only consists
>> of the code in ./master.sh, Config.in and ./menu directory ( I only use
>> menuconfig now ) If people make use of it in trunk we may get some
>> feedback. The y/n change to the params can take place later, slowly (or
>> not at all).
>
> OK. Then doing the merge now.
>
>>    There are only 3 major changes in job queue.
>>    BLFS
>
> The big beast. I hope to can commit something this weekend.
>
>>    param y/n
>
> It's in your hands.
   Requesting an opinion: If the menuconfig system is as useful as it
seems do we even need the config files (excluding ./common/config) ?

>>    redesign the Makefile
>
> Waiting for review, bugs-hunting and many test, right?
   and then we have to come up with a design.
    1. manually create/modify a makefile to run as the book would (LFS
makefile would be the best starting point)
    2. create the 'makefile' automatically with jhalfs