jhalfs-X code compression.

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 9 14:13:05 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Miércoles, 9 de Agosto de 2006 20:48, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>    I am still testing all the changes and don't expect to commit for a
>> few days. (found a bug this morning with LFS builds). Once the commit is
>> done I am going to take a pause and then try a complete rewrite of the
>> makefile generation into 3 phases.
>>   Setup, creation of /tools and user.
>>   LUSER, building of the temptools
>>   CHROOT, the final steps.
>> This should bring the jhalfs in line with the books design philosophy.
>
> Agree. Looks a good plan.
>
> I will start now thinking on the next BLFS development steps.
>
> Have you sleeping  some draft code about that?

   No, all the changes I made are in the SVN.

  I was able to create a makefile for simple projects and it would pull
in all the dependencies and there is a basic tracking system for
installed packages (TRACKING_DIR).

  The attachment is a script to automatically create a Config.in from
the packages list. It is of limited use now but may have some value.