Problems with <requires> directive

John Lane lfs at jelmail.com
Tue Aug 8 15:33:29 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to but together a simple build script for some processes using
nALFS.

It's all fine except that I can't get <requires> to work.

I have two packages A and B where B requires A. My xml looks like this:

<alfs version="3.1" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
  <stage name="My Build &build-version;">
    <stageinfo>
      <environment>
      </environment>
    </stageinfo>
    <stage name="Mail Server Systems">
      <xi:include href="mailserver/cyrus-sasl.xml"/>
      <xi:include href="mailserver/cyrus-imap.xml" />
    </stage>
  </stage>
</alfs>

and then the two included files contain:
<alfs>
  <package name="cyrus-sasl" version="&cyrus-sasl-version;">

and
<alfs>
  <package name="cyrus-imap" version="&cyrus-imap-version;">
  <packageinfo>
  </packageinfo>

When I run nALFS I get:
I: Log file stored in:

|I: /root/.nALFS/packages/cyrus-imap-2.2.12.xml
|
|E: Required package missing: sasl
|
|E: Some required packages are missing; build aborted.
|
|E: Execution failed (255).
|
|I: Total time executing: 00:00:00

I have compared this to my BLFS build which works fine. I can't see what I
have different. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

nALFS version = nALFS 1.2.6