jhalfs-1.0, so far OK but what now ...

Boris P boris at studio-terz.com
Mon Aug 7 11:09:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I’m just a newbie so please understand

I’ve been trying to figure it out how to automate my lfs build but no
success

Everything seems to be OK, all configs except for kernel config and fstab

but I’ll deal with those later

This is how it looks:

lfslivecd:root | mån  7 aug 2006 19.29.09 | ~/jhalfs-1.0
# ./lfs -D /mnt/lfs -M -G -B 6.2

KERNEL: <2.6.16.27> ..OK
BASH:   <3.1.17(1)-release> ..OK
GCC:    <4.0.3> ..OK
TAR:    <1.15.1> ..OK

BOOK: <lfs-6.2>
BUILDDIR: </mnt/lfs>
SRC_ARCHIVE: </mnt/lfs/sources>
GETPKG: <1>
RUNMAKE: <1>
TEST: <1>
OPTIMIZE: <0>
REPORT: <1>
COMPARE: <0>
STRIP: <1>
FSTAB: <>
CONFIG: <>
GETKERNEL: <0>
VIMLANG: <1>
PAGE: <A4>
TIMEZONE: <Europe/Stockholm>
LANG: <sv_SE>

*** lfs config parameters look good ***

Are you happy with these settings? yes/no (no): yes

Downloading the lfs document, 6.2 version... done
Creating LFS specific URLs file ...OK
cp: "/mnt/lfs/sources/autoconf-2.59.tar.bz2" och "./autoconf-2.59.tar.bz2"
är samma (the last one here says “is the same” when the file already exists)

        Goodbye and thank you for choosing <jhalfs>

.. now here is the problem, everything stops here and what now, shouldn’t it
start building further???

I have been looking around the internet a bit and I haven’t found anything
reasonable about jhalfs-1.0

Every document about jhalfs says that I shout type ./lfs
. and it should
start downloading packages and start building

But no luck for me or perhaps it’s my English that’s a bit rusty :-)

Any help would be appreciated

THX