jhalfs: why su - (user)

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 5 09:18:37 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Sábado, 5 de Agosto de 2006 01:00, George Boudreau escribió:
>> Manuel,
>>

>>    I know this drifts even further from book and if mirroring the book
>> is one objective of jhalfs then the status quo is fine.
>
> The "su -  $(LUSER)... " is a must to can assure the accuracy of the books
> commands. jhalfs is not only to build the system but to help developers
> testing that the books commands works.
>
> Of course, if we can find a way to do the su only at the beginning of the temp
> tools build that will be best than our current approach and more in line with
> the actual books commands.
   I had reworked some of the code and removed the need for being 'root'
or sudo in the temporary tools phase. There is only a need for sudo
password for the symlink /tools modification. I eventually scrapped the
changes as they produced too little improvement.  I will look at a
different approach later in the week.

> Pd: As requested by Matthew and Dan, I will start working on trunk and 1.0
> making the addition of "-k || true" to the testsuites run configurable, to
> allow to bomb jhalfs at testsutes fails if desired. Due that that need be
> done via XSL changes, I will try to review the CLFS2 one at the same time.

   I see you made your first addition to the Config.in file. Do you
think the menuconfig is useful?