jhalfs: why su - (user)

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 5 01:49:49 PDT 2006

El Sábado, 5 de Agosto de 2006 01:00, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>
>    ..Dan's work made me think of this..
>    If we can pick and our user/group and all looks well is there a
> reason we should keep ... su - $(LUSER)... at all. You will still need
> root priv or sudo to build the final stages so privileges are not an
> issue. As usual it is easier to state than code and gremlins pop up in
> the least likely places.
>
>    I know this drifts even further from book and if mirroring the book
> is one objective of jhalfs then the status quo is fine.

The "su -  $(LUSER)... " is a must to can assure the accuracy of the books
commands. jhalfs is not only to build the system but to help developers
testing that the books commands works.

Of course, if we can find a way to do the su only at the beginning of the temp
tools build that will be best than our current approach and more in line with
the actual books commands.

Pd: As requested by Matthew and Dan, I will start working on trunk and 1.0
making the addition of "-k || true" to the testsuites run configurable, to
allow to bomb jhalfs at testsutes fails if desired. Due that that need be
done via XSL changes, I will try to review the CLFS2 one at the same time.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia