jhalfs-X: LUSER/LGROUP

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 4 13:29:43 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 8/4/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> Dan,
>>    I applied your patch to the experimental branch and made the
>> necessary changes to CLFS2 and HLFS to accept your idea. I did some
>> housekeeping to common-functions, removed unnecessary function calls.
>>    I did some test builds with lfs/clfs/clfs2/hlfs and all looks well.
>> Thanks for the suggestion and your efforts.
>
> Sweet! So, this is in experimental, and not trunk, correct? This is
> probably in the archives, but which development is done in trunk? What
> gets slated for experimental?
   1.0 is the release branch and Manuel only want serious patches there.

   TRUNK is for exercised changes and bugs. I don't have the resources
to try a build of every book and every variation. I am limited to x86
and x86-64 so other architectures don't get exercised. The books may be
correct but the jhalfs scripts may be be wrong. I rely on the 'kindness
of strangers'

   experimental is where the truly radical changes take place the demons
exorcised (LUSER/LGROUP is/was radical as it the menuconfig system.)
They eventually make it to TRUNK. I hate breaking TRUNK