jhalfs Configurable User

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:35:09 PDT 2006

Hi guys,

One thing that was bugging me when I was trying to build on anduin is
that the unprivelaged user is hardcoded to lfs everywhere. Normally
this isn't a problem, but on anduin, I don't have privelages to add
and delete users. Well, maybe I do, but I shouldn't do it.

In order to build as my normal user, I had to hack up LFS/master.sh
and common/common-functions. What I figured would be easier was if the
user and group were defined in the Makefile.  Then you could use

make LUSER=dnicholson LGROUP=dnicholson

I changed all the wrt functions to use these values. This method has
the added benefit that you could toss out all the special clfs
functions that only change the user. I added the above variables to
LFS/config and CLFS/config.

This probably broke HLFS and CLFS2 (which have their own functions for
handling this and the values of user can't be overriden in the
Makefile). It's just proof of concept, though.

--
Dan