jhalfs-X && BLFS work.

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 1 14:56:33 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Martes, 1 de Agosto de 2006 22:19, George Boudreau escribió:
>> Manual,
>>    I have competed the final touch ups to the new HLFS scripts and the
>
> Please, port that HLFS fixes to trunk and 1.0 branch.

	done..
> At this momment, only menuconfig should be developed on the experimental
> branch (I'm now trying to learn the Config.in sintax) until be sure that it
> play nice. Maybe we could to merge it to trunk in 1-2 weeks

   The menuconfig syntax is very simple and hard to abuse. There is no
testing of the contents except for <int> and <hex> which have an
optional <range lo hi>.
.  config <param name>
.  bool is y/n (not our 1/0.. too bad)
.  choice/endchoice is <1 of n> bool selections
.  menu/endmenu is a simple wrapper around the above cmds.
.  'bool' and 'string' take optional prompt strings.

   I found it took more time to design the layout than 'write' the code.

<snip>
> Before playing with that, that could need changes on the current jhalfs code,
> I would to have BLFS working as an stand-alone code able to install/update
> packages on a running system. That will show us also on what non-LFS binaries
> the BLFS code depends on.

   I will work on the scripts and leave the integration for much later.