jhalfs release

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 28 15:12:25 PDT 2006

El Viernes, 28 de Abril de 2006 22:23, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:

> However, this is a feature I'd like to see included, if only because it
> makes installation onto the LiveCD easier. We could always point out
> that it's not necessary to install jhalfs in the README. But having an
> install system available would be helpful for some cases.

A full system-wide installation, like the one in jhalfs-0.2, isn't easy to do
due that there is a lot of files that need be found in their proper
locations.

That is why I propose create a separate install-jhalfs.sh script that will do:

- To copy the full sources tree to a selected directory (downloading and
unpacking a tarball and/or via svn)

- To create a jhalfs wraper placing it into a directory already in the PATH.
That script could to perfom a cd to the sources dir an run the appropiate
script whit the suplied switches. Something like:

 macana at sandbox:~$ jhalfs lfs -G -T 0 -C farce

- To create symlinks to the config files inside /etc/jhalfs/

If that work, can be a lot more easy that trying to make the sources
installables ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia