jhalfs release

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 28 12:56:36 PDT 2006

El Viernes, 28 de Abril de 2006 21:25, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:
> Hey Guys,
>
> As you know, a release of LFS should be coming up soon-ish. So I think
> it might be wise to list what things we need to finish up wrt jhalfs
> before we likewise release. Probably a jhalfs-1.0?
>
> What do we have on the TODO list?

What I what to have ready before release is:

- Finish the ICA/farce support. I will to merge the code to trunk this
weekend.

- To decide if the optimization patch (to be revised yet) will be left as a
patch or included inside the default code. I vote for inclusion if can be
ready at time.

- Decide if some type of system-wide installation is wanted. Maybe installing
all in /opt/jhalfs (or /usr/share/jhalfs, or /usr/lib/jhalfs) and creating
an /usr/bin/jhalfs wrapper plus /etc/jhalfs/* symlinks to the configuration
files should to work.

- The download code, for when is planned to migrate FTP mirrors to upstream
formats?

- And, of course a more in deeper README.

No time for now to fix BLFS issues at LFS release time, but maybe at BLFS
release time.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia