More testing...

Marc-Olivier Barre mo.barre at netcourrier.com
Mon Apr 17 00:57:01 PDT 2006

Ok, I've got one build running, so I get I have still some time to drink a few coffees myself.

Here are a few notes I made during my adventures before managing to launch the build. Part of it is certainly because I'm more used to nALFS, but maybe you can find something that looks like a bug :

Building lfs developpement, ICA=1, 3 iterations, full test suites.
manual downloading of missing packages.
iproute2 package is a gzip file in the book, though, in the missing file list I get bz2 package missing...
I read somewhere that there was an issue concerning bz2/gz file type handling, was there something left out
or is it related to the ftp migration stuff ?
Here's what I got when I tried the -M option :

Creating Makefile...
        Processing... <Chapter4>
        Processing... <Chapter5>
        Processing... <Chapter6>
        Processing... <Chapter7/8/9>
done

Building the system...
make: lfs-Makefile: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `lfs-Makefile'.  Stop.

Nothing too bad : I went to my build directory and just ran 'make'...

so far it seems to work........ To be continued.