jhalfs {-X} and CLFS

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 13 13:04:56 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Jueves, 13 de Abril de 2006 20:52, George Boudreau escribió:
>
>>   In the config files 'BOOK' is defined as containing the _directory_
>> but in master.sh .. BOOK=${BOOK:=$PROGNAME-$LFSVRS} So BOOK can either
>> contain a path or a filename-- a minor ugly. I will get back to you.
>
> $PROGNAME-$LFSVRS isn't a filename, but a string used to decide what book must
> be chek-out from the SVN repository.
>
> Like is pointed in master.sh, the hard issue is to find a proper way to check
> that a local directory contains a proper sources copy of the book to be
> processed.

  An ugly method would be to test for the existence of 'general.ent' in
the directory.
   if [[ "${WC}" = 1 ]]; then
       # pretty print on the screen is directory is valid
     validate_dir -z -d
       # test for the existence of the file..
     [[ ! -e ${BOOK}/general.ent ]] && write_error_and_die
   else
     validate_against_str " x${PROGNAME}-developmentx xlfs-udev_updatex "
   fi

  This is not perfect and it assumes 'if one file exists then all files
exist'