ICA support status

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 11 10:00:58 PDT 2006

El Viernes, 31 de Marzo de 2006 19:28, M.Canales.es escribió:

> Thinking more on that, seem to me that may not be needed to call make from
> inside the Makefile. If RUN_ICA=1, we could to create an additional
> "rebuild_system" target including all chapter6 packages targets as their
> dependencies (plus the *-strippingagain one, if STRIP=1).
>
> Then, just after finished the first full chapter06 build, add:
>
> iteration1:  chapter6
>   tar -cjf /tools-$BOOK_VERSION.tar.bz2 /tools
>   rm -rf /tools
>   prepare_ica
>   rm -f {list of touched files that need be redone for rebuild_system
> target} touch iteration1

Well, that don't work :-(

The touched files are useful only when re-run make after a crash,  but not
honoured into the current make session. Make refuses to re-do targets already
finished.

We will need a separate set of package targets for each iteration. The issue
is how to create they in a no very code-intrusive way :-/

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia