jhalfs-X -- pending release

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 6 14:34:25 PDT 2006

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Jueves, 6 de Abril de 2006 22:11, George Boudreau escribió:
>

>>     Jeremy, the wiki states there were issues with dev vs 6.1.1 with the
>> original jhalfs. I never exercised the new scripts against the older
>> book, is there something unusual we should be concerned about?
>
> The big difference is the keep of the binutils-build directory for the
> adjusting phase and the Tcl sources dir for Expect installation.
>
> jhalfs-X isn't aware of that, then can't be used to build 6.1.1.

Yeah, that's the issue. I'm not sure if there is likely to be this sort
of a conflict again in the future (IOW, specific and unusual cases in
the LFS book that jhalfs needs to account for) but, if we can, we should
endeavor to let LFS be and make jhalfs generally smarter and adaptable
without actually hard-coding the cases into jhalfs. Now, how to actually
do that is going to take some thought. ;)

--
JH