jhalfs-X -- pending release

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 2 13:32:33 PDT 2006

El Domingo, 2 de Abril de 2006 22:13, lfs at lfs-matrix.net escribió:

> Sorry, maybe I am missing something here.  Why would it be such a huge
> problem to have the tarballs in a different compression format?  There was
> a gzip'ed ncurses patch in LFS development version for a while after the
> UTF-8 merge, so did this break all old and new code also?

The real issue is that until now in the LFS book there was no mention about
the actual packages filenames, then in the jhalfs code the names are
generated from general.ent plus a hardcoded .tar.bz2 (except for additional
packages, whos names are actually into the book commands).

I have ready a patch for LFS to put full dowloads links for all packages, like
the ones in CLFS, HLFS, and BLFS.

After that, we could just to use a XSL to generate wget scripts instead using
the hacks that we are doing now.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia