jhalfs-X -- pending release

lfs at lfs-matrix.net lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sun Apr 2 13:16:43 PDT 2006

On Sun, April 2, 2006 8:07 pm, M.Canales.es wrote:
> Then we can't rely any more in that all packages have tar.bz2 for
> download purposses. We will need a new method to know the actual extension
> for each package to can download it.

Sorry, but we can't rely on all files being tar.bz2 for HLFS
uClibc-version at all.  uClibc requires that the uClibc-locales package
tarball be in tar.gz format or uClibc just can't work with it.  Having it
in bz2 format to download, then decompress, recompress is kind of silly.
I'm sure there will be other reasons that will pop up in the future for
having mixed file compression formats.

Like I said, I will keep the bz2 files for LFS on the mirrors for a while
still until we have the situation under control, so no reason to panic
about it being broken in a week.  :)

Justin