jhalfs-X -- pending release

lfs at lfs-matrix.net lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sun Apr 2 13:13:05 PDT 2006

On Sun, April 2, 2006 7:38 pm, M.Canales.es wrote:
> Well , due the recent FTP mirrors police about storing the packages in
> their original formats, in few days when Justin finish the migration both
> the old code and the new code will be broken.

Sorry, maybe I am missing something here.  Why would it be such a huge
problem to have the tarballs in a different compression format?  There was
a gzip'ed ncurses patch in LFS development version for a while after the
UTF-8 merge, so did this break all old and new code also?

The packages will be now in either
.{tar,gz,bz2,tar.bz2,tar.gz,tgz,.tar.Z,.zip} formats.  We handle it in the
LiveCD Makefiles without too much problem.  The .zip files I never
recompressed before either since they aren't normally stored in a
packagename-1.2.3 directory.

It should also be easier with regards to BLFS automated builds, since now
the filenames and so on in the BLFS book will match 100% what is on the
ftp servers.

I haven't started touching LFS packages yet and this will likely be a week
or two still.

Justin