jhalfs paco patch HLFS-uClibc bug tracing: Help needed

David Rosal david.rosal at upf.edu
Sun Apr 2 07:15:35 PDT 2006

Tor Olav Stava wrote:

> I've been trying to install HLFS-uClibc using the latest paco-patch,
> but can't get past 072-uclibc.
> (...)
>
> Note: Paco-1.10.4 requires WORDEXP=y set in uClibc, which is not the
> default in the config-patch for uClibc.

Paco-1.10.4 uses the function wordexp() to parse the configuration file.
This allows for expanding any environment variable (and not only HOME).
For example:

LOGDIR=$HOME/.paco/log
INCLUDE=/var:$PATH:/etc
EXCLUDE=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/dev:/proc:/sys:/tmp

The problem is that I expected wordexp() to be more portable than it
really is, and so I didn't provide any replacement. I have checked that
at least NetBSD does not have wordexp() by default.

This problem has been solved in the current development version, but the
replacement function only expands the variable HOME (for now). This will
be properly documented in the man page of pacorc.

I think that paco-1.10.5 will be released in a few days...

Summarizing: for paco >= 1.10.5, passing WORDEXP=y in uClibc won't be
required, but if WORDEXP is enabled then paco will be able to expand any
environment variable in pacorc.

*david