jhalfs

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Mon Sep 26 10:24:51 PDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:36:08 +0200, MCanaleses
<manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>Please, John, can you send your diy-linux scripts to me?

Greg has them on the web site now:

http://www.diy-linux.org/downloads/contrib/john_kelly/

I think it would be straightforward to adapt them for use with lfs, as
well as diy-linux.

I use "diyl" as the name of the main command, and the base name for
other items, but that could be changed from "diyl" to "alfs" except
then it wouldn't look right on diy-linux!

Maybe some "neutral" name four characters in length, though I can't
think of a good one at the moment ...

I'm working toward the goal of adapting it to lfs anyway.  Jeremy had
some good ideas with jhalfs, but after looking more closely at jhalfs,
I believe mine will be easier to further develop and maintain.