jhalfs fails when testing the md5sum

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Mon Sep 26 10:06:30 PDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:32:51 +0200, MCanaleses
<manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>El Lunes, 26 de Septiembre de 2005 01:41, John Kelly escribió:
>> jhalfs fails when testing the md5sum after a download.  Here is a
>> patch to fix that problem.

>I will test it soon. I was also having some problems yesterday with the
>md5sums when trying to reuse a sources directory downloaded few days ago.

Without the patch, it failed on my debian 3.1 stable host.  But I see
now that debian md5sum does not accept - as a file, where my lfs host
does.  So I guess the patch is not needed unless you are building on a
debian 3.1 host.

It's probably not worth applying to SVN, since the patch makes the
code more complicated and harder to read.  Anyone who needs it for a
debian host can apply it locally, for themselves.