unknown error

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Wed Sep 21 09:41:56 PDT 2005

Alex Prinsier wrote:

>> Please try to run something using "sh" like "sh wget.blfs packagedir
>> wget/chapter03.wget"
> root at lfs:/home/lfs/BLFS# sh wget.blfs /home/lfs/packages/
> wget/chapter03.urls
> wget.blfs: line 8: wget: command not found
>
> Works well enouph? :) As I was stuck with trying to install wget, I
> obviously don't have wget yet.

Doesn't matter as sh was executed and thereby the bash installation is
OK :-)

>> Please try to manually unpack the archive: "tar -xvf wget-1.9.1.tar.bz2"
> Works perfectly.

OK

>> Is wget the first thing of blfs you want to install or did you
>> succesfully install other packages after rebooting into lfs?
> I already installed some other packages like bc, openssh, pam, ...

OK

>> Which version of the profile did you use?
> BLFS-svn... Downloaded it 2 days ago I think, I'm not sure how to check
> the exact version...

Doesn't matter. It is up to date enough since the last change to wget.xml
was some time ago...

> Now it suddenly works perfectly...  I wouldn't know what could have been
> the problem. It got installed succesfully. There was one "problem"
> though: I was missing the "dante" package, (optional package). There is
> no "dante" package in the profile...

Right. Some packages wich are optional haven't made it to blfs either
because nobody did it until now or they are not deemed important...

> I have my / and /usr partitions mounted read-only. Can that cause any
> problems? Of course when needing to make install i mount it readwrite :)

Don't know. But I would be careful. What about  /tmp and /var ? I think they
are sensitive to not beeing writable. But there are people with more
knowledge to this on lfs-chat I would think...

> Alex

Torsten.