unknown error

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Wed Sep 21 07:20:57 PDT 2005

Alex Prinsier wrote:

>              ?
> ?I: Digest ok.
>
>              ?
> ?I: Unpacking /home/lfs/packages/wget-1.9.1.tar.bz2...
>
>              ?
> ?E: Executing command using "sh" failed: No such file or directory
>
>              ?
> ?E: Unpacking /home/lfs/packages/wget-1.9.1.tar.bz2 failed.
>
>              ?

Hm.

Don't want to state the obvious, but it seems there was an error during the
unpacking of the file.

The file is there and the digest is OK, so the file is not corrupt. It seems
that somehow during unpacking nALFS would like to use "sh" and can't find
it. I don't know why it wants "sh" - maybe I find something in the nALFS
code...

Please try to run something using "sh" like "sh wget.blfs packagedir
wget/chapter03.wget"

Please try to manually unpack the archive: "tar -xvf wget-1.9.1.tar.bz2"

Is wget the first thing of blfs you want to install or did you succesfully
install other packages after rebooting into lfs?

Which version of the profile did you use?

Torsten.