[RFC] Adding package/patch urls directly into the profiles

jamie bennett jamie at linuxuk.org
Thu Sep 15 02:19:28 PDT 2005

Quoting Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org>:

> Torsten Vollmann wrote:
> >>Comments, thoughts???
> >

> > I would very much like to see this. It would be a much more elegant way of
> > handling packages and the multiple download locations would help, too.
>
> Yes, that all sounds fine to me as well. I'd like to hear Jamie's
> thoughts on it... You around, Jamie?

Just about, not for want of trying though. I'm fighting with my wireless network
card and its winning at the moment so I have no net access under Linux
unfortunately.

Back on topic, I think the idea is a good one. Keeps everything in the profiles
and removes the wget list which is a plus for me. As Thomas say's, nALFS 1.2.5
will have to be released to support it.

> JH

     --     Jamie