jhalfs

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 13 15:44:33 PDT 2005

John Kelly wrote:

[snip]

> Of course make can solve the problem too, but I think with make, it's
> harder for someone else to pick up your work and start customizing it
> for their own local needs.

Well, perhaps you have a point there. If the only reason for using make
is to track progress, then perhaps it is a bit much. I suppose it would
be just as easy for jhalfs to control the build using the scriptlets and
touch files in a 'completed' dir or some such thing... I still like the
idea of having some sort of generated 'profile' so that if you don't
wish to extract the commands yourself you can use a nightly generated
profile.

Pondering, pondering...

--
JH