jhalfs

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 13 11:37:32 PDT 2005

El Martes, 13 de Septiembre de 2005 06:22, Jeremy Huntwork escribió:

> Well I like make's verstatility and structure, and as mentioned, it's
> ability to pick up where it left off. I'd rather not have to come back
> and comment out lines... ;) But as you said, in some ways that's all a
> matter of opinion.
>
> Anyone else have any thoughts on what would be the best approach here?
> I'd still like to see what comes of the Makefile setup, especially since
> I've got a good start on it. But I'd like to hear some comments on this.

Maybe using both, Make to control the full process and shell scripts to run
the actual commands?

For example:

------ Makefile snipplet ---

022-settingenvironment:
 sh commands/022-settingenvironment
 touch $@

-----------------------------------

----------commands/022-settingenvironment----------
#! /bin/bash

cat > ~/.bash_profile << "EOF"
exec env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ ' /bin/bash
EOF &&

cat > ~/.bashrc << "EOF"
set +h
umask 022
LFS=/mnt/lfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
export LFS LC_ALL PATH
EOF &&

source ~/.bash_profile

If that is plausible, the Makefile generation will be much more simple.

For the script generation will be needed to add a modified version of
dump-commands.xsl to the  jhalfs SVN tree (or one version for each [B,H,
cross] LFS books) to can cunstomize the output without do modifications in
the current dump-commands.xsl files (I like they as is to can do clean
commands diffs between books versions, revisions, branchs and/or archs).

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia