jhalfs

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 12 16:07:08 PDT 2005

Jason Gurtz wrote:
> On 9/11/2005 22:09, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>>That's not quite what I was thinking, but it's a good suggestion. I'd
>>like to try to incorporate some of the features of make,
>

> Maybe a similar thing, but using make you could just have separate labels
> for before and after chroot that would use the .profile hack
> ./make afterchroot or some such thing

Yeah, that's more like what I had in mind. :) We do something similar
already in the livecd Makefiles. To make this happen we'd either have to
grep the commands in jhalfs, or (perhaps easier?) make some sort of
identification in the LFS book for commands to be run as root on the
host, commands to be run as user lfs, and commands to be run in chroot.
Not sure if it's necessary to mark every <screen> tag or if it would be
good enough to just set boundaries for where one ends and the next begins.

--
JH