e2fsprogs + man and parallel compilation

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at vollmann-online.de
Mon Sep 12 08:25:41 PDT 2005

Hi.

After successfully compiliation of lfs with the 6.1-alfs profile on my shiny
new Athlon 64 I rerun the script with enabled compiler optimizations

-O3 -march=athlon-xp -mmmx -msse -msse2 -m3dnow

and parallel compilation option

-j 3

In ch6-e2fsprogs and later ch6-man the compilation stops reporting an error
about not knowing some function clearly belongin to the very same package.
Just hitting "run again" solves this problem and everything goes along fine.

Since the hint on parallel compilation state that man has problems with
parallel compilation this option should be disabled in the profile.

For e2fsprogs it is said there should be no problems...

I can't put any log in this mail cause I use another system for mail, sorry.

Torsten.