jhalfs

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Sun Sep 11 15:46:48 PDT 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:19:44 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork
<jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>I need to start considering exactly how to parse and automate those
>commands. I have a few ideas, but I'm opening this up for feedback

I looked at the jhalfs commands, interesting ...

I developed my own automation scripts for diy-linux, a spin-off of
lfs.  I have a single command, 100% automated bash script solution, no
prompting for any passwords.

Achieving that with LFS will be straightforward when dealing with
configure and make commands.

But to build an environment for the unpriviledged user, start him up
and run the tools phase, and finally become root and run the chroot
phase, using the book commands as they are, without modification, will
leave you unsatisfied.

Adapting those sections of the book is not hard (must not be if I did
it, hmmm ...), but for 100% automation, it's unavoidable.  So either
you change the book, or make adaptations outside the book.  Or settle
for less than 100% automation, something I was unwilling to accept.