nALFS Syntax Query

John Lane lfs at jelweb.com
Mon Oct 24 14:58:48 PDT 2005

Apologies for this basic question, but xml is new to me and I'm treading
thru the mire to produce a custom build script. I'm getting on ok but am
stumbling at this:

I have code like this:
     <search_replace base="/etc/openldap">
        <file>slapd.conf</file>
        <find>[SLAP_PASSWD]</find>
        <replace>
        <execute command='/usr/sbin/slappasswd -h {SSHA} -s &root-passwd;'
/>
        </replace>
      </search_replace>

What I want to happen is the result of slappasswd becomes the replace text
so that my tag [SLAP_PASSWD] gets replaced with the slappasswd output
(something like "{SSHA}+hpbZzGvUneeo2LQzt76ZMzHzN88t22x")

I can't work out how to do this as the above does not work. I really would
appreciate being pointed in the right direction...

Many thanks,
John