LFS 6.1 Problem with Bison

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Wed Oct 19 14:14:04 PDT 2005

John Lane wrote:

> It has not made it on to mirror sites however. I tried 2: ftp.gnu.org
>and one at the University of Kent in the UK.

You mean the gnu tarball is bad?  Sorry, but it looks fine to me.
Please provide a link to the one you mean.  The one located at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/bison-2.0.tar.gz looks fine to me.  (There
is no bz2 version available on ftp.gnu.org).

I am not aware of an LFS mirror at the University of Kent.  I don't
think it is under our control and you should contact them directly.  The
LFS FTP repo was corrected last week and all mirrors that sync with us
should be correct now, and if now, they need to be contacted or dropped
from the mirror list.

>Also (apologies if this is stating the obvious) you need to re-release the
>6.1 package as it needs to be changed to reflect the MD5sum of the new
>package.

I re-made the 6.1 tarball last week, so it should be ok now.  I will
check it again to be sure though.

Thanks.

Justin