SVN HLFS profile funny business

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 7 11:02:44 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 19:26 -0400, Kendrick wrote:
> I have just noticed this but for some reason the  runit.sh file has
> been affected. when you svn the profile  and try running it  you get
> ": bad interpreter: No such file or directory"  When i sent the
> profile it did not have this problem.  the runit.sh from the lfs6.1
> profile can be copied over it to return it to what it should be.  this
> behayvor was duplicated by scarebyte today and brought to my
> attension.  I hadent thought about it before.
>
> Kendrick

Sorry for the late reply on this, it appears that somehow the files are
in dos/windows format and not unix/linux format. Thus the shell is
seeing the incorrect lineendings and is misinterpeting them. I just
tried runit.sh here and it gives me the same as what you got above.

Looks like I need to run all the files through dos2unix.
--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729 / Linux User : 298329