die(xsltproc) :)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 30 08:32:35 PST 2005

Hey Guys,

As I mentioned in a reply to one of Richard's posts, I've been working
on a way to get rid of the xsltproc dependency with jhalfs. This may or
may not be useful - time will tell. One of the main reasons for my
attempting this was to beef up my C skills. I've learned a lot in the
past week or so. :)

Anyway, I'm working on a C parser designed specifically to parse the
LFS book for it's commands. I'm not quite ready to share the code yet,
but I'll share the results so far.

Right now it just prints out it's progress and what it has found:

$ time { ./parser ../lfs-trunk/index.xml > parser.log; }

real    0m0.782s
user    0m0.010s
sys     0m0.020s

And here's the parser.log: