New design, what is the Goal here?

silverspurg at comcast.net silverspurg at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 04:40:12 PST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 rl at nezumi.plus.com wrote:

> Are you begginning to see why I would have no confidence in the
> security of a home brewed protocol? Instead re-inventing ssh, or
> rippling bits of its source code into your project, just use ssh.

Practice makes perfect.  I doubt that the goal is to compete with OpenSSL
or write the next encryption standard.  The goal is probably to
investigate just what it takes to put something like this together.

A similar question is:  Why would anyone want to build their own LFS
system when there are so many distros available?

Steven