jhalfs on an NFS partition

Richard A Downing richard at langside.org.uk
Tue Nov 29 07:31:36 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:21:48 -0500
Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Richard A Downing wrote:
> > I can confirm that this problem goes away with a more recent xsltproc.  I suggest that the script checks for the version number of the libxslt installed when it checks that xsltproc is pressent.  I don't know the earliest version that works though.
>
> Funny you should say this. I'm working on a solution (mostly for the
> sake of my own education) that would negate the dependency on libxslt
> and xsltproc.
>
> I'll post about it more later today... probably. :)

Interesting, but I rather like xsltproc - it has few vices that affect me.  I can't remember why I installed it on the firewall - something I wanted required it long ago - anyway, it's updated to a modern version now (and libxml2).

I'm really pleased with jhalfs.  For a slow old box (200Mhz - 32mb) like this, it's ideal - add lots of swap, start 'nice' in the background, leave it thrashing for a week until the job's done.  The next interesting job will be getting it from the nfs mounted partition to the 4G harddrive - I suspect a screwdriver job there if I can find a spare ide connector in my workstation.

Richard.