jhalfs on an NFS partition

Richard A Downing richard at langside.org.uk
Mon Nov 28 23:52:31 PST 2005

I'm trying to build a new lfs for my firewall box - it doesn't have enough disk for this so I have mounted a partition on /mnt/lfs by nfs.  I installed jhalfs on the box which is running a bastardized version of LFS from long ago, but with recent upgrades, including Linux-2.6.11.12.

jhalfs runs though to 027-binutils-pass1, and then fails because the script doesn't contain the version number in the configure:

#!/bin/sh
set -e

cd $PKGDIR
mkdir -v ../binutils-build
cd ../binutils-build
../binutils-/configure --prefix=/tools --disable-nls
make
make install
make -C ld clean
make -C ld LIB_PATH=/tools/lib

This looks to me like the xsltproc has failed in some way, but there are not enough logs to diagnose it.

xsltproc --version gives:

Using libxml 20607, libxslt 10104 and libexslt 804
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20607, libxslt 10104 and libexslt 804
libxslt 10104 was compiled against libxml 20607
libexslt 804 was compiled against libxml 20607

This is perhaps a little old perhaps?  If so there needs to be a warning or a check in the script.

Can someone give me a clue?

Richard.