New design, what is the Goal here?

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Nov 28 19:30:40 PST 2005

Subhash Chandra wrote:

> I don't know about multiple builds but remote build is definitely
> needed. I have a friend to whome I would like to build an LFS system.
> She is a real newbie and don't know much. Now the situation is that I
> can't go to girl's dorms :P. And I hate to do a line by line install
> on ssh. I would definitely like to have a remote build. Yeah, there
> are many more alternatives. But this is one of them isn't it?

Create an LFS system with everything you need on one partition.

tar --one-file-system -cf lfs.tar /mnt/lfs
scp lfs.tar remote:
ssh remote
tar -C /mnt/lfs --strip-components=2 -xpf ~/lfs.tar

vi /boot/grub/grub.conf
vi /mnt/lfs/etc/fstab
vi /mnt/lfs/etc/hosts
vi /mnt/lfs/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0/ipv4

reboot

You should get the idea.

  -- Bruce