New design, what is the Goal here?

pak_lfs at freemail.gr pak_lfs at freemail.gr
Mon Nov 28 15:07:59 PST 2005

rl at nezumi.plus.com wrote:
> I still do not get this client/server tool with secure authentication
> all done with custom code. NFS and ssh can do the work.

Yes, I suppose that you can also build LFS by hand every time too.
The whole point is, could we make it *easier*? E.g., in your case,
wouldn't it be nicer to:

* install alfsd in machines 2-6.
* run the client: login to machines 2-6.
* say/select: build LFS
* let it work.
* restore your machine7 to prove backups work.

what do you think?  What if you also had this convenience when updating?
(at least for me convenience counts, that 's how I find the time to post  to
 such interesting mailing lists as this one.)

> Have fun inventing wheels.

Funny you say that. I was looking at 2005's greatest inventions
and the *number one* was - oh the surprise - a wheel! Not kidding,
check this link:
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/bown2005/autotech/df39010188327010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

So, you see although it is true that we have concluded that the best
shape for a wheel is round, humanity never stopped (re)inventing
better wheels. Even in 2005, inventing a wheel can lead you to
the best invention price of the year.

So, please don 't mind us inventing our wheels, unless of course
you know a *technical* showstopper for this project, in which case
now it would be the right time to state it.

Thanks :)
Pantelis