alfs: next aspect to code?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 26 13:51:55 PST 2005

Hey Guys,

Check out the POC code when you have a chance.
(svn co svn://linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/alfs-POC)

It doesn't do a whole lot at the moment, but here's a brief summary:

alfsd runs in the background waiting for a connection.

alfs connects to alfsd and then prompts for input. (Try entering a
command with some extended output, like 'ps aux' :) )

alfs sends your input to the server, alfsd receives it, executes it and
sends anything that the command had put to stdout back to alfs. (If the
command fails, it sends a failure notice instead).

alfs exits, alfsd continues running, alfs can re-connect and send
another command.

So my question is, what's next? What should be the next aspect we try to
incorporate?

--
JH