An experimental design for (x)alfs

Subhash Chandra mr.subhash at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:39:59 PST 2005

> To summarize, my main point is that neither XML nor any other declarative
> language for that purpose, can efficiently be used for alfs in either
> the system-command level (like current ALFS) or in the library command level
> (like Ant). The declarative part which is the core of alfs engine, must be
> even higher than these levels of abstraction, whether it is implemented in
> XML or not.
I'm getting a vague idea here. So what it means is that, the ay nALFS
impliments it(interpreting the commands) wouldn't suffice in order to
declare differences from the library includes. The profile has to be
compiled to include all the differences before it is executed. Is that
so? or am I again wrong here?

--
║I don't know how much of what I say is true ║