SUMMARY: alfs direction

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 25 11:35:40 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> So, from the various comments here's what I see is the direction that we
> by general concensus would take with alfs.

> What does everyone think? Is this a start, some direction to pursue?

Agreed on all points. And is a good start from everything that's been
discussed lately.

On thing on about using XML for the profiles, I've begun to not like it
myself which why I've stopped using it for my own purposes short of
doing updates for the profiles and making sure everything works as it
should within the profiles. But an idea to consider for a potential new
format might be something similar to gentoo's ebuilds, which in most
ways are just shell functions in a text file.

Thomas