An experimental design for (x)alfs

Subhash Chandra mr.subhash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 20:38:16 PST 2005

I didn't completely get your ideas but, isn't what you are asking
simply something like wrapups for larger chunks of scripts than
individual commands?

I understand that creating profiles in current xml are a pain.

How ever isn't it possible to make xml files with default config (the
./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install) and include that
file into individual package files thus creating your one line
profiles? And when the scripts vary from such defaults, You would
obviously need smaller units of commands to use as you please.

I didn't really go deep into it or researched about it. So I may be
wrong at more practical level. Plz correct me if I am.

On 11/25/05, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> pak_lfs at freemail.gr wrote:
>
> > So, what do you think?
> > If you don't mind modern C++/Boost, maybe a proof of concept
> > implementation would not be too hard to code (Of course if I start
> > working at it I 'm sure I will think otherwise, which is why I seek your
> > opinions first).
>
> Some practical examples might help some of us grasp all your concepts
> more quickly. Perhaps you can describe in detail too what you mean by
> Stages and Jobs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> JH
> --

║I don't know how much of what I say is true ║