Newbie questions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 23 11:50:32 PST 2005

> I was not fully realising the build from ground up point.  last i had
> heard it was going to be nalfs2.0 though i may have missed som stuff due
> to my move.

nALFS was a product by Neven Has. He isn't maintaining nor developing it
anymore. The next generation of an ALFS program requires features that
cannot easily be added to nALFS last time I checked. A from-scratch
implementation is the best thing to do.

Also, the tool will be called plain "alfs" or something to that effect.
There will be two components to it so we may come up with better names,
or perhaps simply alfs and alfsd.

Either way, the new tool will most likely not be based on the nALFS code
base. We'll be smart to use portions of it, of course, where we can.

--
Gerard Beekmans