jhalfs enhancement request

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 23 11:29:01 PST 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Miércoles, 23 de Noviembre de 2005 19:15, Bruce Dubbs escribió:
>> I was just trying a fresh update of jhalfs and it said to reformat the
>> partition.  That's OK, but it would be nice to be able to do a `jhalfs
>> --rebuild`.  As I see this, the script would delete all directories
>> except sources, lost+found, and jhalfs/lfs*.
>
> In other words, you ask for a --rebuild switch that will clean an existing
> build tree created by a previous run of jhalfs on the specified $BUILDDIR
> directory before to create an run the new Makefile, right?

Hi, I used jhalfs the other day and it worked flawlessly :-). I thought
at the time however, it would be useful to have some means of knowing
when it is actually doing something... i.e. when it was building the gcc
bootstrap (If I recall correctly) there is a long period where you stare
at a blank screen... Looking at the disk activity light helps but it
isn't quite the same as seeing pages of compiler warning messages
scrolling by...

I don't know if this is even possible in a terminal window - maybe with
some clever escape sequences or something?

Just the meanderings of a lost sole - please ignore if this is stupid.

Al