Newbie questions

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 23 11:06:02 PST 2005

El Miércoles, 23 de Noviembre de 2005 19:55, Kendrick escribió:

> Sorry about not being clear... I was thinking from a profile stand
> point.  jhlfs is not made to have a profile base,  ergo you would not be
> able to easily buld a automated custom lfs system.  if you wanted
> somthing different you would have to make up your own lfsbook and point
> jhlfs to that.

That is how book's changes can be tested before commit it.

Personal customizations can be done editing the dumped scripts before to run
make. To insert personal scripts or additional packages is also possible, but
requires few extra steps.

After all, the output of jhalfs is a set of shell scripts runs in dependency
order by a Makefile.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia