client <-> server interaction in C

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Nov 22 16:58:31 PST 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> The problem as I see it, nobody besides you knows how to program in
> Ada(2005).

I do, but I'm not an expert.

 And to learn a new programming language I'm not sure is going
> to be a great idea as per se either.

Agree.

> I'm not entirely opposed to your idea, but I know for myself I have no
> time to learn Ada. I have to stick with something I know if I am to be
> able to help out with the coding of the projet.

Personally, I like php as a general purpose language.  IMO, the syntax
is more straight forward than perl and it has very nice on-line
documentation.  It also has linkages to almost any package you can think
of.  An interpreted language also has a lot of advantages when debugging.

There are a lot of people who have learned php as a part of web
programming.  Most don't think of it when it comes to general purpose
tasks, but it is Turing complete so it can do just about anything.

  -- Bruce